Email This Story :
English language TV producer for DVB TV ENGLISH
Key skills and requirements
– Video editing skills
- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro essential.
- Familiarity with other editing programs an advantage
– Experience in writing and producing for television in a news and or current affairs environment
– Camera training
– Good technical knowledge of Camera and video equipment, files and formats, online hosting of video.
– Native English speaker or equivalent English level
– Knowledge of Burma preferred
– Ability to self-manage, prioritise tasks, and work as part of a team.
– Website films
Produce (write, voice and edit) news films regularly for the website. The TV section on the English website hosts short films from between 1 and 5 minutes. These films can be both hard news and news feature films about current affairs in Burma. The job requires putting together packages with the footage and interviews we receive from inside Burma, subtitling Burmese sound bites and where necessary, arranging and filming English language interviews with analysts to support the footage we already have. You will also manage the Youtube and Vimeo account and sometimes raw footage will need to be uploaded and embedded within news stories.
– Asia Calling TV
We now produce a 3 minute current affairs feature for TV once a week for broadcast on Asia Calling TV. These films will also be uploaded onto the english website.
You will be expected to work with several teams within DVB and will be responsible for regularly liaising with the Burmese TV news staff to work out what footage is available in the office. As well as working with the English team sub editor to discuss regular content.
Email: send [email protected] an email with cover letter, CV and work samples by May 25th